Case: The Platinum Pointe Land Deal
(Source: Adapted from – Merchant, K. and Van der Stede, W. (2017), Management Control Systems – Performance Measurement, Evaluation and Incentives, Pearson.)
(Answer word limit – 2,500 words combining answers of all question)
1. Briefly discuss the main key success factor for Robinson Brothers Homes (RBH). (2 marks)
2. Robinson Brothers Homes uses joint venture partners for their projects. Briefly discuss what are the financial and non-financial benefits that RBH gets in using joint venture partners. (3 marks)
3. Briefly discuss why the land acquisition proposal’s required rate of return is higher than its IRR. (6 marks)
4. Do you agree with the risk rating process of RBS’ land acquisition proposal? Explain. 7 marks
5. Harry has got two decision alternatives: 1) He submits his forecast as planned; or, 2) He makes the forecast more optimistic. Which decision alternative you would suggest for Harry? Why? 7 marks
Relevant learning topics:
Week 4 – Managing cash flows
Week 5 – Capital expenditure and managing capital resources
Week 12 – Strategy formation and balanced scorecard
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Briefly discuss the main key success factor for Robinson Brothers Homes (RBH)…. appeared first on Student Homeworks.