These 6 discussion board questions. Textbook(Discover Sociology by William Chambliss and Daina Eglitis)
1. Consider the Great Recession. Why did it happen? What did it do to us as a nation? What can we do about it? How can we minimize the likelihood of another significant recession like this from happening again? Be detailed in your explanations.
2. Apply symbolic interactionism to poverty by discussing some of the ways in which the symbol of poverty or the symbol of wealth has shaped our perception of social class. Provide specific examples to demonstrate that you have the ability to correctly apply this theory to the issue at hand. Also, do you think that having a more accurate count of the number of people in poverty in the U.S. would change attitudes towards the poor? Why or why not? Explain in great detail.
3. Recommend one way in which governments of developing nations can improve its education system so that poverty rates can decline. Be very specific and detailed about your recommendation.
4. Discuss a personal example that would illustrate the concept of “first world problem.” Offer specific details when describing this example.
5. As mentioned in Chapter 8, racial residential segregation remains a key problem in the U.S. What sociological factors explain its persistence in an era when housing discrimination is illegal?
6. If genetic differences between people who have different physical characteristics (like skin color) are minor, why do we as a society continue to use race as a socially significant category?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH BEST NURSING TUTORS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Discuss a personal example that would illustrate the concept of “first world problem.” appeared first on BEST NURSING TUTORS .
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Discuss a personal example that would illustrate the concept of “first world problem.” appeared first on custom writings.