INSTRUCTIONS FOR DISCUSSION
Assignment 1: Approaches and Strategies Applied to a Consulting Project
In Block’s (2011) chapter 19, he describes the fundamentals of consulting. In this chapter, he also describes approaches and strategies that can be used in any consulting project. Some of these approaches are common sense, but others are strategies that are designed to create lasting organizational change. In this module’s Discussion Area, you will:
1. Describe and analyze the three strategies Block (2011) describes for successful consulting that you think can create the most impact.
2. Explain why you chose these three strategies and not the others.
3. Analyze your ability to incorporate these strategies into a consulting project. Identify the skills you are lacking to use these strategies.
4. Explain what you can do to develop these skills. Describe a plan for how you would develop these skills.
· By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
· Your response should rely upon at least two sources from professional literature. This may include the University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov). Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA format); and use accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions
Quality of responses to classmates
Frequency of responses to classmates
Reference to supporting readings and other materials
Language and grammar