Week 3 – Racial Oppression paper
Choose one time period and discuss the history of racial/ethnic oppression.
1) Slave trade in Virginia (1600s)
2) Slavery in the United States south (1800s)
3) Chinese railroad workers in US (1868-1924)
4) Trail of tears (1831-1850) Native Americans
5) Small Pox Epidemic Native Americans (1754-1763)
6) Anti-Italian Immigration (1840-1924)
7) Anti-Jewish Immigration (1860 – 1930)
8) Social Darwinism (1880-1944)
9) Anti-German Immigration (1680-1760)
10) 1985 Philadelphia Police Bombing (1985)
11) Anti-Latino Immigration (1840-1936)
12) One of your own choice (must be approved by professor)
Answer the following questions in essay format. 2-3 pages. APA format. 12 Font Times New Roman only.
All work must be properly cited and unless otherwise noted; do not include pure opinion.
1) Outline the basic history of the event(s). You can use a timeline or write it out.
2) What justifications did the dominant culture use to promote the oppression of the Other?
3) How was science or religion (or both) used to justify the oppression?
4) What attitudes, beliefs and values created the situation that led to the oppression of the Other?
5) In what ways was race or ethnicity used to create the oppression?
6) How did these oppressions influence modern American ideas on race and ethnicity?
The post Week 3 – Racial Oppression paper appeared first on Lion Essays.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Week 3 – Racial Oppression paper was first posted on April 16, 2019 at 8:51 pm.©2019 “Lion Essays”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at support@Lion Essays.com